Terms and Conditions
1. UK Sales
- When purchasing a sword, the buyer agrees to pay a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure their item and begin the manufacturing process. Cadets are charged a flat rate of £250.00 deposit.
- Payment terms of 30 days are offered to our Trade clients.
- Overseas orders must be paid in full prior to commencement of work.
- Once an order is confirmed and the deposit payment received, an invoice will be sent to the customer for approval prior to commencement of work. Once approved, our Sword Cutlers will start work on creating the sword.
- Pooley Sword will contact the customer once the order is complete to make convenient payment and delivery arrangements.
- Manufacturing lead times range from 10-16 weeks.
- Pooley Sword offers to etch your Pilot Wings or Submariner Dolphins on your Pooley Sword blade with our compliments.
1.3 Refund, warranty and return policy
- We offer a 12 month warranty for any manufacturing defects.
- The item should be returned to Pooley Sword Ltd, 1a Highdown House, Shoreham Airport, Shoreham, West Sussex, BN43 5PB for inspection by the Head Cutler.
- Items are entitled to be refunded, repaired or replaced based on the discovery of a defect if complaints are received within 52 weeks of initial delivery.
- Any requests for refund or replacement will not be accepted after this period.
- If found to be a manufacturing defect, Pooley Sword will refurbish the item and refund all courier/postage costs incurred by the customer.
- It is Pooley Sword's intention that all customers will be delighted with their sword and where a problem arises, it is resolved efficiently and effectively with minimum disruption.
1.4 Cadets and Young Officers
- A special sword package and discount is available for Officer Cadets in training at:
- Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
- Royal Air Force College Cranwell
- Britannia Royal Naval College Dartmouth
- Royal Marines Commando Training Centre
- Australian Military Academies
- New Zealand Military Academies
- Canadian Military Academies
- A non-refundable deposit of £250.00 will be required to confirm the order with the remaining balance due 2 weeks prior to graduation.
- For those Officer Cadets that are re-coursed, Pooley Sword will re-etch your inscription with your new graduation date with our compliments.
2. Sword Refurbishment
- The Consumer agrees that all sword refurbishment work is undertaken by the Provider with goodwill and everything to preserve, maintain and enhance the Consumers sword condition, heritage and longevity will be done.
- Sword refurbishment requires unique skills, only undertaken by our trained and experienced Sword Cutlers.
- All expertise and knowledge required for a refurbishment of any sword is available in-house and so we guarantee the entire process will be completed in the United Kingdom.
2.2 Provider and Consumer communication
- The Provider will endeavour to complete the refurbishment within 12 weeks.
- The Provider guarantees that all work undertaken will be agreed with the consumer beforehand therefore sword blades will not be nickel-plated without authorisation. Pooley Sword does recommend this process as traditionally sword blades are plain high carbon steel. Although some added protection may be given, the plating can chip, it looks unsightly and for older swords, it can reduce your ability to see shallow etchings.
- Please note we have the ability to reverse nickel plating via a stripping process.
- Pooley Swords guarantees they will never send any whole or part of a sword abroad.
- Any loss of items whilst in the Providers possession will be compensation with a cover of up to £2000.00. The value will be assessed by the Provider.
2.3 Overseas refurbishments
- There are two options for Consumers to bring swords from overseas to the United Kingdom workshop: the Consumer may bring the swords as part of their luggage in the hold of the aircraft OR the Consumer can ship the sword via a private individual at a residential address in the UK, the Provider can then arrange a courier collection from this address.
- Pooley Swords recommends the above to avoid importing delays and expenses.
- All orders must be paid in full prior to commencement of work. Once complete, the sword will be despatched via international courier. The recipient will be liable for all customs duty/import taxes.
3.2 Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you purchase goods from us, our Terms of Business will apply to the sales.
3.3 Information about us
- Our site is operated by Pooley Sword Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5649253 and with our registered office at 2 Michaels Court, Hanney Road, Southmoor, Abingdon, Oxon, OX13 5HR. We are a limited company. Our VAT number is 887022900.
3.4 Changes to these terms
- Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
3.5 Changes to our site
- We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
3.6 Accessing our site
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
3.7 Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
3.8 No reliance on information
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
3.9 Limitation of our liability
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply
3.10 Uploading content to our site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
3.12 Linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must request authorisation beforehand from email@example.com
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3.13 Third party links and resources in our site
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
3.14 Applicable law
BROWSE OUR COLLECTION
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
COPYRIGHT © 2024 POOLEY SWORD
Website and CMS by idavo